I have been craving bacon and I have been craving chicken salad like you would not believe. I’m not sure why, but these things just needed to be eaten, and soon. So, when I went to the grocery this evening, I made a bee line to the bacon and then to the canned chicken breast with this fabulous idea in mind. I was going to mix these two cravings together into full on delicious.
By taking whole leaves of romaine lettuce and wrapping this deliciousness up in it instead of bread, you can drastically cut down on the calories and up the fiber. I found that it also made it more fun to eat as well. =P
Without further ado, here’s my first recipe posting in a looooong time.
Skinny Chicken Salad BLT Lettuce Wraps
- 1 4-oz can of water packed, chicken breast, well-drained
- 2 tsp of brown mustard
- 1/3 c chopped grape tomatoes
- 4 strips Smithfield 40% Lower Fat Bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 c fat free crumbled feta cheese
- 4 whole leaves of romaine
- Mix chicken and mustard together well.
- Add in bacon, tomatoes, and feta and stir.
- Split mixture between the 4 romaine leaves.
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 6.1
- Carbs: 2.5
- Fiber: 0.7
- Protein: 21