I think it’s high time I start taking this whole “Rewarding Myself” thing seriously again. I’ve had a downturn in my motivation and I know it has affected my weight loss progress. Perhaps if I set out a challenge and reward schedule again I’ll be reinvigorated?
I had gained back some weight after a month of solid slacking off and a week of vacation. While I probably needed that, I really should kick it into high gear. So, I’m at a little over 50 pounds lost now (instead of 60) and need to get moving.
Goals and Rewards
- 60 pounds lost: A new pair of fancy, “just because” heels.
- 75 pounds lost – my halfway point!: Since this is a halfway point in my weight loss journey, I’m thinking I’ll do something bigger as a reward. How about a new outfit – head to toe, well almost anyways. I think I’ll set aside $80 dollars to spend on a complete look (minus shoes and undergarments). Great reward, yes?
- 80 pounds lost: Something for my bike, perhaps. I’ve been eyeballing bike computers, jersey tops, and peddels. For this milestone, I’ll actually treat myself to one of those things.
- 90 pounds lost: If this falls during the winter time, I’m going to invest in a new coat, I think. If this falls during the spring, perhaps a nice sundress will be in order.
- 100 pounds lost – welcome to onderland!: I’m sure by this point I’ll have out-slimmed most of my jeans. I’ll let myself buy 2 or 3 pairs of cute jeans from wherever I want.
I don’t want to get too much further ahead of myself, but I think I have some real things to work towards here, and I think that will help tremendously.
Also, I just joined Fitocracy and I hope to put it to good use. You get to accumulate points for logging the exercises you do. As you earn points, you gain levels and unlock accomplishments – it’s like a big game! I love that idea! If you haven’t realized yet, I’m totally motivated by competition and prizes, so I can see this working out very well for me. If you follow this link, you should be able to join and “follow” me. If you follow me, I’ll be sure to follow you back.
Well, it’s about time I get ready for work. Have a great evening everyone!