Today will be the first time I’ve done a full grocery haul since I decided enough was enough. Thank goodness John is receptive to the changes I’m making and is supporting me. That fact alone will make this trip soooo much easier. I’ve made a nice list to follow of every day things to keep on hand and then a bonus list with just the ingredients we’ll be needing to make the foods from our meal plan.
I’m kind of excited to go and make some better choices and to fill our kitchen with healthy and delicious foods. I’ve gotten John to agree to going to two different stores for groceries (bless him) because I want to get the main stuff somewhere general (Walmart, Giant Eagle, etc.) and the more special stuff and organic stuff at Whole Foods. I haven’t been to Whole Foods in ages and ages, but I love their selection because you can find things there you just can’t find anywhere else.
- Sunday – Black Bean Chili (from World’s Healthiest Foods)
- Monday – Orange Chicken Fingers (from Food Network
- Tuesday – Cuban Sandwich Quesadilla (from Gina’s Skinny Recipes)
- Wednesday – Curry Pasta (from Heart Healthy Living)
- Thursday – 30-Minute Minestrone (from All Recipes)
- Friday – Leftover night
- Saturday – Sinful Saturday: Out to eat